06 May 2008

To My Husband

It's almost hard to believe that it's been a year already. It doesn't seem that long and yet, we've had a great 12 months together.

This is the way that I can say what I want to without getting all teary. =) Thank you, baby. I love you dearly and I'm so glad that I have been lucky enough to get to keep you !

You have made it possible for me to realize that I am loved in return, that I married a very bright, thoughtful, caring man. One who brings me flowers when I am in a very bad mood. One who washes dishes occasionally, who indulges my gardening skills (er debacle), who listens to my opinions, even when they don't agree (at all !) with yours. One who makes me HAVE to justify some of my positions, thereby strengthening my resolve or giving me another perspective. One who does not allow me to be intellectually lazy, but who also does not force me to wake up earlier than 10am on the weekends. =D

You are the first man that I could see myself marrying. . . even though it took you frickin' FOREVER to ask me, you goober ! You make it possible for me to maintain my creativity, even in ways that you do not understand (the bead box). You make me proud to be your wife because of the kind of man you are (yes, I know this may embarrass you a little, but what wife doesn't want to brag on her husband JUST a teense?)

In short -- I am a lucky, lucky woman and I hope to be this lucky for many years to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee, got nearly mushy there once.

But he is a dandy and a keeper in my opinion, too.

Love, Mom

Sirocco said...

Hmmm ... sounds like a pretty decent fellow. I'd like to meet him someday.