02 September 2008

Ves-POO-Vius

Yes. It's EXACTLY what it sounds like.

Guess what ? I know now where my septic tank lid is in relation to my front door. I also know exactly how far down to dig to find it.

What I did NOT know before last night is this: if enough lint goes through the washer at one time, it's possible for it to get stuck between the end of the pipe and the edge of the concrete septic tank. It is also possible at that point for it to prevent . . . anything. . . from flowing down the pipe. It is also possible at that point for NOTHING to flow OUT of the house pipes. And then, when one's DH decides to take a shower. . . well, that water has to go somewhere. Ours chose to go straight up and over. This causes the wife in the house to scream upstairs "WATER OFF ! NOW !" and the husband to run downstairs in a towel. Poor man -- I did a lot of yelling in the next 10 minutes. It is mostly a blur, but I do remember barking orders like a drill sergeant for "more towels", "another damn bucket", "get out of the way", and "FLOWERPOT". There was also something about requiring poor DH to snatch some clothes on.

To spare my dear readers the details, let me just say that I have had a lot of towels to do on the "sanitary" cycle, which involves the hottest water known to man. I also have to figure out how to bleach my wood bathroom floor without ruining the finish. *sigh*

Oh, and if you are in the Pacific Northwest near us, please let me assure you that FloHawks (and Northwest Cascade in particular) were FABULOUS to deal with. The gentleman that they sent by our house was fast, knowledgeable, and thoroughly professional. The fact that this little process began at 8:30pm on Labor Day and did not finish up until about 11:15 last night is a minor blip on the radar, really.

I have now let the Universe know that I am all set on blog posts for a while, thanks.

(And, yes -- the car is allegedly alllll fixed now. That was the other little detail hanging fire from a few days ago.)

Thoughts ?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

EWWW.

What was the problem with the car? I'm still dying to know.

TexPatriate said...

Absolutely anticlimactic.

Allegedly the problem with the car was "the battery terminals needed cleaning". We decided just to have the battery replaced altogether.

So that you are happy with your car, tho, we also replaced the tires and got an alignment.

More maintenance to come in the next couple of months as well.

Unknown said...

Oh good! I just wanted to make sure that I could remain smug about the fact that Toyotas are very reliable.

Anonymous said...

Ummmm "Oh Shit?"