27 August 2007

Bowling or Food Poisoning ? So Hard to Choose !

Yes, that's correct, friends and neighbors ! You too can go bowling, then return home to have a touch of food poisoning ! It's amazing !

Okay -- here's the story. . .

Robert's birthday was last week and he has a present coming. We've been talking about playing miniature golf or going bowling for most of the summer, so I menti. . . um begg. . well, whined until we agreed to go bowling ! (If it had been sunnier, we would have gone golfing, so I totally blame the rest of this on the weather.) We went up to Port Orchard to the lanes and did us some highly redneck bowling. By that I mean neither of us had any idea of what we were doing but we both had a great time.

We bowled three games before our old decrepit parts began showing signs of wear. I swear -- who started making bowling balls out of lead, anyway ?

After three games, we were pretty famished, so we swung by one of the local places for lunch. We've eaten there before and it's been good, but this time. . . [ insert sinister music here ] we were betrayed . bump, bump, bummmmm !

It didn't hit us at first -- we came on home and began doing some chores. I went upstairs to take a nap (or so I thought), but wasn't able to fall asleep because my head started to hurt. Yep, it was one of those migraine headaches that I'm famous for. Fast forward to six hours later -- I have slogged through some of the stuff on our DVR (a Shield or two and part of LoTR) -- when I finally am able to rid myself of that which is causing my misery. [ edited for the weak of stomach ]

I think I'm fine now because I usually am, but I'm really hungry now. So. . . I eat a banana. Like I've always been told to -- it's a bland, but filling, nutrient-rich food. And it has a potassium bonus. Yep. Not fifteen minutes later, I no longer have that extra potassium.

So. . . I give up and go to bed. Don't sleep well. . . because I'm hungry. . . and when I'm hungry. . . my head hurts. Fabulous. I wake up abouuuttt a gazillionty-'leven times which is [voice="cheerleader on Jolly Rancher high"] sooper-condoocive ![/voice] to REM sleep. [/sarcasm]

Anyhoo -- I'm fine now. Got up this am and went to work in my pajamas. Okay, not really, but. . . let's just say I have another reason to be grateful that I am able to work from home some days.

Thoughts ?

1 comment:

Sirocco said...

Did Robert get sick too, or was it just you? If it was just you, could he have poisoned you? Is there a big life insurance policy he can collect on?