18 February 2008

Hometown Refinery Goes Boom This Morning

Everyone I know is fine.

Pictures from Fox News

So, I get an email this morning from my mother. The refinery about 25 miles from my childhood home had a severe blast, sending a huge cloud of smoke up in the air. The news from CNN says one injured, no fatalities, which is unbelievably good news, considering the circumstances.

I immediately call my mom, just to make sure she's okay. She is -- but she and one of her neighbors both checked their propane tanks and water tanks when they heard the explosion. This amuses me greatly and on many levels.

Anyhow, for now -- all is well, except for the fact that the third largest inland refinery in the world will have at least part of its total capacity severely hindered until the fallout from the blast is cleaned up/repaired/put back on line.

Thoughts ?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All's well here. Alon refinery back on line delivering gas, diesel, and asphalt at truck rack. Rest of plant still working daylight till dark to get back on line there. Still no fatalities, but guy that was burned worst has developed hospital infection and will require skin grafts, but still doing well. 22808

Mom