03 August 2008

Herb Discipline and Apple Apologies

So, I bought a few herbs the other day at our local Farmer's Market -- I bought some Orange Thyme, Spicy Globe Basil (yeah, for the third time -- shut up), Golden Oregano, and. . . something else, it seems, without that little plastic tag thingy.

I have been acclimating them in my kitchen so that I could re-pot them and set them in my kitchen window. I went to get a bowl today for my morning Cheerios and noticed that one of the plants had droopy leaves. Because I might have forgotten to water them. A little.

Anyhow, I put them all in the sink when it hits me. I talk to all my plants and tell them to suck it up a little because being a plant in my house means no mollycoddling. You get water when I say and not before, mister. I praise the little guys who are hanging tough and I realize. . . the one with the droopy leaves is emo.

============================

Annnnnd speaking of forgetting things. . .

Robert found in the fridge the coconut caramel (Hawaiian) apple that we got a couple of weeks ago. When he started asking me about it, it came out that I didn't realize it was even still IN there. We had gotten two of them, one "pre-cut" into little slices and one that was not cut at all. The non-cut one was the one still in the icebox because, of course, I thought he had taken that one to work with him the week after we bought it. Had no idea it was still in there. Oops.

Thoughts ?

No comments: