04 August 2008

Menagerie Updates

Nope. Not Cheepster.

I went outside on the deck late this afternoon to encourage Scooterpoo to come on into the house for the night. What I found was a fuzzy white fluffball who was VERY interested in "something" on the deck stair near the big pansy pots. When you see your cat pawing at something that you cannot see, of course, it is prudent to immediately go investigate.

What do I find ?

Same little snake that Frankie had hemmed up the other day in the backyard. (You'd think that the neighborhood nature livestock would have figured out that our yard is not the smartest place to take up residence. Our backyard is like Grand Cat-ral Station, for crying out loud. But I digress.)

Anyhow, very small snake (probably just a little grass snake) is mushed up all together hiding and Scooter has "founded" him. Now, I have to figure out a way to "encourage" Scooter to a) leave the dang snake alone, b) not involve me in his little snake detente, and 3) get his fuzzy hiney in the house like I TOLD him earlier.

Several "momma snaps" later, Scooter accepts the fact that he will get a thump on the top of his head if he so much as reaches a claw out toward what I told him to leave alone.

Epilogue: Snake fine, Scooter fine and in the house, Kismet mad at the world because she was in the house at the time of the discovery and, thus, missed out on some world-class smellin', and me ? Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just waiting to write the next chapter of the Giffords Zoo Tales.

Thoughts ?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

never a dull moment, huh?

Mom

Unknown said...

Ha Ha + I am stealing your Olympic medals widget!!