18 March 2010

When is Enough Actually Enough ?

The events of the last couple of weeks have gotten me thinking -- when is it time ? When is it enough ?

Those of you (all four of you, God bless ya) who read this blog regularly probably know where I'm coming from and, as such, I plan to write this as obliquely as possible and ask for your comments to remain the same.

I've always been one who was adaptable to change in limited amounts or over given stretches of time. My limits are rapidly being overrun and my patience is rapidly being depleted. No. That's a lie. My patience is gone. Gone. G.O.N.E.

I am having a Ferris Beuller's Cameron moment where he says that he will not allow someone else to dictate the events of his life. I am being held by the illusion of flexibility and the goodwill and camaraderie of my colleagues, but I am starting to look at my options very closely. I do not want to be the one to turn the lights out when the party is over, nor do I want to hold to the bird in the hand when there might be one in the bush, especially since the one in my hand is currently pecking me to the bone.

None of this makes sense on the surface -- who would give up something solid for the ethereal ? Someone who's getting the junk kicked out of them on a daily basis, that's who. Someone who is not seeing leadership. Someone who is seeing the writing on the wall.

16 weeks. My dad used to tell me that I could do nearly anything for a period of time that I set. Well, Daddy -- let's see if that's still true.

Thoughts ?

2 comments:

D'Lyn said...

I don't know that you could say I read your blog regularly, because you don't exactly post regularly.

My Mom always said, "This too shall pass." That's all I've got.

Philippa Lodge said...

What D'Lyn said!

And I hope you figure it out, whatever "it" is.

Lots of support and hugs!