27 November 2007

Fairytale Brownies Story -- Bonus Post

Okay -- I figure I've teased my "fans" long enough. All three of you. =D

Here's the story about Fairytale Brownies.

It begins in a kingdom far, far away. . . okay, maybe not. But it DOES begin with Google ! I was checking my Gmail the other day and actually clicked on one of those links at the top.

Lo and behold (as if by magic !), I was directed to the site for Fairytale Brownies. Well, who can resist brownies ? Certainly not me ! So I started poking around and I found a little something. A little something that makes my eyes bleed -- a typo ! EGAD ! Normal people see these all the time and just shrug them off. I have a genetic defect that makes that pretty much impossible.

So -- I send a little note to Fairytale Brownies' webmaster. I include the link to the page and cut & paste the actual piece where the typo occurred (as well as using several happy little asterisks (Thanks, Bob Ross !) to designate the word that was misspelled.

Most of the time when I do stuff like this, here's where the end of the story would be. The Fairytale Brownie people, however, do things a little differently. I received a very nice little email back thanking me for my assistance and asking for my address so that they could send me a little "thank you" gift. Of course, they send it to "Mr. Gifford", but. . . hey ! Who cares ?

Yep. Of COURSE I (very politely) let them know that a) I am not a Mr. and b) my last name now has an "s" at the end. They are completely unfazed and offer their abject apologies. =D

Two days later -- bing, bong ! FedEx calling ! Whatever could it be ?

It's a box. . . of BROWNIES ! Oh. Mah. Gah !

They sent me a TWELVE-PACK of brownies and a sack of coffee ! As a THANK YOU !

Well, then -- Imma gonna help them out ! Here's their
website and. . . the brownies are DEE LISH US ! They are not cheap (but they aren't unreasonable by any stretch), but, heck, they sent 12 different flavors and that seems worth it to me not to have to make 12 batches myself.

Anyhow, if anyone needs an "all-occasion" gift that you don't have to wrap & ship yourself, please avail yourself of these folks. (Speaking of the wrapping & shipping, btw -- the packaging is basically a kraft paper look with some very sophisticated trappings. Custom stickers, custom bands, and a custom outer box all speak to the quality of the operation. Have no fear -- it's VERY sharp. It's also based out of Phoenix.)


Thoughts ?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Free brownies = win wrapped in bacon dipped in awesome.

Unknown said...

/Starts freelance career of web content proofreader for web sites of tea and brownies and WoW stuff.

Jnifr said...

Free brownies...? How come I didn't know about this? I mean seriously.....it's surprising what I would do for brownies!!