26 November 2007

So. . . I *Was* Sleeping

but then Baxter got the heebie-jeebies and scratched on the door for "Haylp, Momma, haylp !"

Got him outside to pee and whatever else dogs do late at night. Party like rock stars ? Well, maybe -- but only if we compare them to the two oldest Stones. And even then, I think Keith has him beat. . . He's back inside and snoozing merrily on the couch now. And I'm awake. I shouldn't be awake, but I am. At least my massive headache is finally subsiding. I don't mind having them (okay, I so do), but I'd like to know at least what the CAUSE is so that I can treat it. Tylenol PM (yum, vanilla!) only works when the dog is asleep as well. *sigh*

It's kinda weird being the only one awake in the house like this. (Scratch that. Kismet just came to join me and by "join", I mean "walk on the laptop keyboard" and otter around the office looking for breakable items and things that go kasmash. [Note: I hate it when stuff becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Cleanup on aisle Giffords !] ) Shoo ! Shoo !

Anyhow, I also took a quick tour through the "news of the day" and something caught my eye that makes me sad. It also makes me very, very angry.

Baby Grace story (not for the kiddos)

For those of you who know. . . you know. For those of you who don't, a little girl is no longer with us due, it appears, to the unmitigated evil of the two people who should have cared for her and loved her. I won't go into detail, but it disturbs me to think that these two people are still drawing breath.

I don't want to end this post here so. . . for those who know all the names. . .

  • Scooterpoo (S'prise) will be visiting the vet on Wednesday for his attitude adjustment
  • Kismet has settled in quite nicely and she and S'prise have done a great deal of "monkey-rolling" (my neighbor's phrase) this last couple of weeks. We're very glad that they have taken to each other so well that they play together like this. I have to confess that I was a teensy bit worried when we first brought Kismet home -- she was so laid-back and mellow.
  • I broke the original "kitty-playstick". =( I will just have to get another dowel and transfer the yarn, I guess.
  • Bix & Baxter are still as fine as they are going to be.
  • I don't have a tree (yet), but will have one soon. YAY !
  • Chocolate crinkle and snickerdoodle doughs are still chilling in the icebox. I would have made them tonight, but. . . please see above re: massive headache.
  • (For Kate) -- I leveled most of my little toons and skilled them up in cooking, fishing, first aid, etc. during the long four-day weekend. No, I wasn't avoiding chores. Nooooo. =D My plan is to get everyone to 20 sometime in the next couple of months to leverage all the tskills.

Okay -- still have a little bit of a headache, but the massive part is gone. Baxter is still asleep (thank God) and I might be able to log some rack time myself.

Signing off.

Thoughts ?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Spoiled American! Us Hungarians don't need your stinking 4 day weekends!! Nem nem!

I think the Word Verification phrase I just had to enter might be a Hungarian word. In fact, Google might have just used Hungarian words for that entire process.

Sirocco said...

I am often awake for hours around the house on weekend mornings ... my wife sleeps in late, the dogs sleep in late, and the cats are tuckered out from rasslin' all night.

Next time, I'm scratching on the door and whining.