04 December 2007

Apparently, Moronity Is Contagious. . .

So . . I'm about to tell a story on Robert and I.

We had a problem yesterday in that our water wouldn't ever get hot. It got less than lukewarm, but that was it. We've had this issue before, so we knew to go check the pilot light on the water heater to see if it had blown out for whatever reason.

We went out to the garage and checked the pilot light and, sure enough, no pilot light. *sigh* Robert was a very good handyman and read all the directions in order to get the pilot light working again. Yay ! So, we figure 1-2 hours later, we'll have hot water. Nope.

Hrm.

Maybe it takes more time. . . we decide to go on to bed and check the next morning. During my lunch break today, I zip downstairs and try the hot water again. Nooeeergh. No hot water. *grumble* *think, think*

Think some more. . .

Then I went into the garage to check the pilot light again -- just in case it's off again. And I figured out the problem ! We are idiots.

The pilot light is on, but the little knob is still on "PILOT". We never turned it to "ON". Oops.

Anyhow, that will not be a mistake we make twice -- I hope. . . =P

Thoughts ?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shall not comment on this....

Sirocco said...

I'm unclear why she thinks this was an "accident".